News: Frankly Speaking
Franklin Electric is pleased to announce the launch of the SubDrive Utility Variable Frequency Drive. SubDrive Utility converts conventional Franklin Electric 2-wire submersible pumping systems, ranging from 1/3 hp up to 1-1/2 hp, into constant water pressure systems. These systems provide consistent water pressure throughout the chosen location, no matter how many fixtures are open at one time. Designed with a conveniently compact footprint, it features a sleek NEMA 3R (Type 3) enclosure rated for both indoor and outdoor use. SubDrive Utility retrofits to most 2-wire submersible pumping systems that utilize a Franklin Electric motor, making the transition seamless for current systems.
- One unit is compatible with 115 and 230 Volt Franklin Electric 2-wire motors
- Robust SubDrive pressure sensor standard for ease of installation
- Additional input for optional analog pressure transducer for precise pressure control
- Three LED indicators allow for easy identification of system status and troubleshooting
- USB port allows for easy firmware updates
SubDrive Utility was designed for efficiency, both related to cost and performance. Separate of the pump and motor, the drive makes troubleshooting and maintenance of the pumping system significantly easier. In cases where the pump and/or motor requires replacement, it is fully functional with the new products, saving the hassle of added inventory and higher costs that come with other all-in-one submersible units. Standard mesh screens minimize intrusion of insects and other performance inhibiters while still allowing for optimal cooling of the drive. SubDrive Utility ships standard with a traditional SubDrive pressure sensor, but is also fully compatible with an analog pressure transducer to provide added flexibility for the contractor.
For more information on SubDrive Utility, click here.
You now have a new potential revenue source with Franklin Electric’s Little Giant® Aeration System. As a water systems professional and expert, you’re already the trusted source for your customers’ water needs. Why not provide them with one more solution? The Little Giant Aeration System allows you to offer an easy-to-use, reliable, and all-in-one solution to keep bodies of water clean and healthy for a variety of applications that you drive by every day.
- Residential homeowners
- Neighborhood associations
- Utility companies
- Golf course superintendents
- Irrigation and landscape managers
- Commercial and governmental specifiers
- And much more!
Features & Benefits
- Simple sizing: 1/2 hp per 1/2 surface acre
- Capable of moving up to 500 gpm
- All-in-one packaged system (float, aerator, Franklin Electric motor)
- Plug-and-play, no control box required
- Optional fountain conversion kit with multiple fountain nozzles
The Turtle Survival Alliance had a challenge, and Franklin Electric’s Little Giant® brand is providing the solution. The nonprofit organization recently needed to improve the habitat for some of the most endangered turtles in the world because the water quality in their ponds was not optimal for the turtles. The previous pumps could not hold up, and weren’t providing the environmentally safe, yet simple-to-maintain production needed. We donated 12 Little Giant F-Series Pumps and 1 Little Giant 6EC Series Sump Pump and they’re already making a difference.
The Benefits Are Obvious
- Creating more stress-free environments that simulate the turtles’ natural habitats, including those as needed for 21 of the world’s 25 most critically endangered species
- Supporting ponds from 7,000 to 30,000 gallons
- Providing energy-efficient pumping that can run continuously and is environmentally safe
- Offering flexibility to meet a variety of pumping applications on-site
We also recently created a video telling this amazing story, featuring Nathan Haislip, Facilities Manager and Lead Keeper of the Turtle Survival Center. Click here to view the video.
Roughly, 85% of the water pumping systems that we sell and our contractors install are run on a basic switch and bladder tank that come on and off with a pressure differential. Many of these pumping systems, unfortunately, underperform every day. This doesn’t have to be the case. With Franklin Electric’s new* Inline Controls product family, maximizing the output and flow of the pumping system can be a simple reality. Our own Jeff Frank recently talked with National Driller magazine about how contractors can meet peak pumping demand and provide the proper system protection by choosing the right control device.
*Note: Inline Controls scheduled launch date is August/September 2017.
Franklin Electric is pleased to announce the introduction of the FBC Series Single-Stage Horizontal Centrifugal Pumps to the F Series portfolio of products. The FBC Series features close-coupled, electric-driven pumps that utilize NEMA standard 56J-60 Hz threaded shaft motors with 316 stainless steel shaft extensions to form a rugged, compact unit.
Additional Features Include:
- High efficiency performance design for reduced lifetime cost of operation
- Volute can be rotated in 90-degree increments to simplify discharge plumbing
- Suitable for either horizontal or vertical mounting for versatility of installation
- Robust cast iron volute and motor bracket with integral mounting feet for ease of installation
- Back pull-out design enables serviceability without the need to disconnect plumbing
- 316 stainless steel impeller is suitable for handling a wide variety of fluids without corrosion or electrolysis and is resistant to the effects of cavitation
- Mechanical seal, constructed of SiC/SiC/FKM/316 stainless steel (FKM silicon carbide), can withstand mild abrasives and is appropriate for handling a variety of fluids, including those containing hydrocarbons
- Pumps are 100 percent wet tested at the factory to ensure quality and reliability
The FBC Series is offered in both 2-pole (3600 rpm) and 4-pole (1800 rpm) versions. At 3600 rpm, the FBC Series can be used in any application requiring flows of 50-200 gpm and pressures ranging from 15-30 psi, such as turf irrigation or commercial pressure boosting. At 1800 rpm, the pumps produce 40-110 gpm at heads of only 7-22 feet, making them ideal for water feature, water transfer, or fuel oil transfer applications. Models operating at 3600 rpm are available with motors having both open drip proof (ODP) and totally enclosed fan cooled (TEFC) enclosures, while 1800 rpm models will have TEFC motor enclosures only.
For more information on the FBC Series, click here.
Friends, family and rekindled relationships – that’s what the South Atlantic Jubilee is all about. 2017 was no different. Franklin Electric led the way with exclusive Key Dealer Meetings, a number of new innovations, and the speaking platform for a variety of technical presentations. If you missed it, here’s a look at the show from our point of view.
We are pleased to announce the recent launch of FE SelectTM, a digital pump selector software tool that makes product selection, configuration, and quoting easy for contractors and wholesale distributors. This online tool walks the user through the process from start to finish, requiring only the basic application data, such as flow and total dynamic head demands, to size many water systems. The software properly matches the components necessary for the desired application, provides a list price quote for the package, and then offers links to related informational product documentation.
- Wholesale Distributors – Can quickly formulate a system package for their customers without the need for catalogs or verification from a Franklin Electric representative confirming the quoted products are properly sized and compatible with the recommended primary components
- Contractors – Can generate a quote for the homeowner at list price, reducing waiting time and customer frustration
- Note: All Franklin Electric products will continue to be sold through licensed distributors, but now with FE Select, finding the appropriate products can be much easier
Additional Features of FE Select Include:
- 24/7 accessibility
- A quick price option that allows for mass quoting capabilities based off of a specific component
- Simple software navigation
A large selection of Franklin Electric products are already included in the software to quickly quote job requests serving the agricultural, irrigation, engineered products, and industrial markets. More products will continue to be added over time. The FE Select link will appear on all applicable individual pump product pages on the Franklin Electric website. Users can simply click the link and start quoting.
In addition to FE Select, we will continue to utilize our current pump selector software for products that are waiting to be included in FE Select. To visit our comprehensive Pump Selection page, click here.
What an amazing cause! Franklin Electric recently partnered with the Turtle Survival Alliance (TSA) – a nonprofit organization focused on achieving zero turtle extinctions – to improve the habitat for some of the most endangered turtles in the world.
Why is this Important?
Turtles have been roaming the water and earth for nearly 220 million years, making them one of the oldest species and one of the few to outmatch the dinosaurs in existence duration. They are essential to our ecosystem, helping clean up the environment by serving as aquatic scavengers. And yet, more than 50 percent of the 330 species alive today are threatened with endangerment. The TSA’s South Carolina location, known as the Turtle Survival Center, houses nearly 650 freshwater turtles and tortoises, including 21 of the world’s 25 most critically endangered species. Franklin Electric recently donated 13 Little Giant® brand pumps to help create more stress-free environments that simulate the original habitat for these endangered species. Check out the video to see the impact our pumps are making on a global scale.
Franklin Electric will focus on helping contractors promote, hone and expand their business through a variety of attractions in booth 301 during and technical presentations ahead of the 2017 South Atlantic Jubilee in the Myrtle Beach Convention Center June 10-12.
Request Your In-booth Key Dealer Meeting
One of the main booth attractions will be one-on-one Key Dealer meetings to show how contractors can better promote their business through Franklin Electric’s enhanced Key Dealer Program, which includes a suite of services designed to help contractors gain market differentiation. These services range from product protection, professional development, and marketability, to unlocking exclusive access for savings and aid. Exclusive in-booth meetings to discuss these new services are being scheduled with Key Dealers leading up to the show. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 260-827-5107 to schedule your appointment today.
While in the booth, attendees will see several innovations firsthand, including:
- The new 9-inch STS Series Submersible Turbine Pump – It further expands the breadth of the proven STS Series product family, which also includes 5-inch, 6-inch, and 8-inch models. The 9-inch STS Series Submersible Turbine Pump features a premium glass-lined bowl for maximum efficiency and abrasion resistance, along with the application flexibility provided by the dual discharge option for either 6-inch or 8-inch drop pipe.
- The new Ultra Efficient Submersible 6-Inch Electric Motor family – It provides significant electrical cost savings via an efficiency improvement of 10-12 percent when compared to standard induction motors. Providing a constant horsepower production at high efficiencies, this family covers the 9 traditional pump horsepower ratings from 5 to 50 horsepower in just 3 distinct motor models. Each motor works at full pumping and electrical efficiency with multiple pumps, maximizing the product’s onsite flexibility and use among contractors. It’s an ideal fit for areas facing DOE efficiency regulations or those expecting tightened standards in the future, as well as long or consistent run time applications, large-scale cattle or swine operations, municipal well or high-volume transfer applications, and mining or dewatering applications.
- The Little Giant® Aeration System from Franklin Electric – It allows contractors to provide a solution for water beautification and biological pond health challenges. This multi-functional, ½ horsepower Aeration System is capable of moving up to 500 gpm – great for bodies of water up to half an acre in size, making unit sizing simple. It comes standard as an all-in-one package with float, aerator, and a proven Franklin Electric motor. In addition, the Aeration System can be used for decorating bodies of water, water agitation, ice prevention, and mixing. It can also be quickly transformed into an attractive fountain display via an optional conversion kit that includes the pump head, nozzle stem, and multiple fountain nozzles.
- The new SSR Series Submersible Pumps – They combine the robust and efficient features of the SR Series proven in the market today with an innovative mechanical design that allows for fast delivery time from distributors to contractors. This 304 stainless steel strap design is fully serviceable and corrosion resistant, and its high quality die-cut stainless steel impellers and diffusers provide maximum performance in the most extreme applications. It is offered in flows of 100, 150, 250, and 325 gpm at a maximum of 1,400 feet of head.
Technical Presentation Schedule
Franklin Electric product experts will offer a number of thought-provoking and sales-focused presentations for CEU credit, including:
- Saturday, June 10:
- 1:00 p.m. – Recognizing Your Earning Potential with Aeration Systems
- 2:15 p.m. – 10 Things You Wish the Public Knew
- Sunday, June 11:
- 1:00 p.m. – Selecting Pump Control Solutions: Residential and Light Commercial Applications
- 2:15 p.m. – Solar Water Pumping: Strategic Partnerships in Untapped Markets
For more information about the 2017 South Atlantic Jubilee, click here.
Franklin Electric has appointed Donald P. Kenney as President, North America Water Systems. In this role, Kenney will be responsible for all aspects of the North America Water Systems business that supports the sale of Franklin Electric products to customers in Canada, the United States, Mexico, and Central America.
Kenney was hired as FE Petro employee number five in 1991. Over the years, he has assumed increasing levels of responsibility, becoming President of FE Petro in 2001, and then President of Franklin Fueling Systems in 2005. In 2013, Kenney was appointed a Vice President of Franklin Electric Co., Inc. and promoted to President, Energy Systems.