News: Frankly Speaking
Franklin Electric will utilize Groundwater Week 2017 as an interactive platform for field data reveals, new product displays, and contractor education sessions in booth 725 at the Music City Center in Nashville, Tennessee, December 6-7. Here’s everything you need to know about the show!
Welcome Party/Cocktail Reception
Franklin Electric will once again be the featured sponsor of the Groundwater Week 2017 Welcome Party. Join us for light hors d’oeuvres, drinks, and networking.
- Tuesday, December 5 from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. in the Davidson Ballroom at the Music City Center
Field Data Reveals & New Products
- Unique to Groundwater Week 2017, Franklin Electric will serve as host to a veteran groundwater contractor in the booth to reveal their recent personal experience and success in a field trial of one of the company’s latest innovations – the MagForce™ Permanent Magnet Motor. Show attendees will hear firsthand the specific cost savings and application improvements it’s afforded the end user. The 6-inch motor is a high-performance alternative to standard induction motors, providing electrical cost savings via an efficiency improvement of 10-12* percent and a typical investment payback of less than one year in long- or continuous-run applications. It features SandFighter® construction and covers the nine traditional pump horsepower ratings from five to 60 horsepower in three distinct motor models.
- Another new product at the show will be the SubDrive Utility™ Variable Frequency Drive which converts 2-wire conventional submersible pumping systems, ranging from 1/3 hp up to 1-1/2 hp, into constant water pressure systems. Designed with a compact footprint, it features a sleek NEMA 3R enclosure rated for both indoor and outdoor use, and retrofits to most pumping systems utilizing a Franklin Electric motor. Separate of the pump and motor, the drive makes troubleshooting and maintenance of the pumping system significantly easier compared to all-in-one units.
Unique Educational Opportunities – Booth 725
As part of the in-booth experience, contractors can attend a number of 15-minute, first-time to the industry in-booth educational sessions**.
- Wednesday, December 6
- 12:30 p.m. – A 2-Wire Value Proposition: SubDrive Utility for Constant Pressure and Protection
- 1:30 p.m. – A Beneficial Partnership: Maximizing the Key Dealer Suite of Services
- 2:30 p.m. – An Attractive Sell: Permanent Magnet Motors
- Thursday, December 7
- 10:30 a.m. – Simplicity at Your Fingertips: Benefiting from App Connectivity
- 11:30 a.m. – Training Without the Travel: FranklinTECH Online
- 12:30 p.m. – Expanding Your Application Toolbelt: Solar Portfolio Innovations
- 1:30 p.m. – More Than Submersibles: Expanding Your Surface Pumping Options
Educational Sessions for CEP Credit
In addition to in-booth educational sessions, Franklin Electric product experts will also be highly involved in a number of Groundwater Week 2017 CEP sessions, including the following hour-long topics:
- Tuesday, December 5
- 8:00 a.m. – Permanent Magnet Motors: Utilizing Efficiency to Appeal to the Market
- 10:30 a.m. – Solar Water Pumping: Strategic Partnerships in Untapped Markets
- 1:45 p.m. – Uncovering the Mystery of VFD Filters – How, Why, and When?
- 3:00 p.m. – Leveraging Application-Based Sizing Software
- 4:15 p.m. – Boosting your Water Systems Earning Potential with Aeration Systems
- Thursday, December 7
- 10:00 a.m. – Selecting Pump Control Solutions: Residential and Light Commercial Applications
For more information about Groundwater Week 2017, click here.
* Field trial data.
**Does not apply toward CEP credits. Drawings featuring valuable prizes will be held for all attendees immediately following each session.
Franklin Electric is pleased to announce the addition of the AC/DC Power Converter to the Fhoton™ product family. This accessory accepts either AC (single-phase) or DC power sources and becomes the input supply to the Fhoton solar drive. By utilizing the AC/DC Power Converter, users of the Fhoton SolarPAK system acquire the ability to connect an AC power source as a backup power supply for continued operation during times when solar energy is either inadequate or unavailable. Providing this flexibility, the Fhoton AC/DC Power Converter can be used by anyone needing an alternative power source.
- Accepts either AC (single-phase) or DC power source*
- 115 V AC for use with 3-phase, 100 V Franklin Electric submersible motor
- 230 V AC for use with 3-phase, 200 V Franklin Electric submersible motor
- Converter box output power becomes the input source supplying the Fhoton solar drive
- Output short circuit protection
- NEMA 4 indoor/outdoor rated enclosure for durability
- UL and CE rated
*Source power from a single-phase
For more information on the new Fhoton SolarPAK or the AC/DC Power Converter, click here.
Franklin Electric is excited to announce the launch of the much-anticipated Inline Controls! The new Inline Controls include five pump starting and control devices that pair with a variety of submersible or surface pumps to provide or boost the system’s overall water pressure – and in many cases, without the need of an additional bladder tank. Depending on application requirements and the selected model, this product family offers various forms of system protection. They also offer two unique features that ensure the system remains functional and hassle free, including: a daily motor rotation start designed to energize the motor at least once every 24 hours (to prevent system locking), and a unique automatic restart feature eliminating the need to manually restart the pump in the case of an unexpected trip or fault.
Features by Model
Note: Proper pump selection is essential for use with the InlineFLW, SWC, SWP, and ADJ as pump shut-off pressure will be realized within the system prior to shut down. If the pump size can not be reduced, select the InlineCTL with built-in pressure reducing valve.
Ideal applications for the Inline Controls family include: well systems as a replacement to a standard 30/50 switch and tank combination, garden or watering applications that are long distances from a well, municipal boosting applications, and other water pressure boosting applications where a bladder tank is not conducive.
For more information on the new Inline Controls, click here.
Prefer a video explanation? Click here to hear our product expert explain a little more about this new product.
Franklin Electric is pleased to announce the launch of the SubDrive Utility Variable Frequency Drive. SubDrive Utility converts conventional Franklin Electric 2-wire submersible pumping systems, ranging from 1/3 hp up to 1-1/2 hp, into constant water pressure systems. These systems provide consistent water pressure throughout the chosen location, no matter how many fixtures are open at one time. Designed with a conveniently compact footprint, it features a sleek NEMA 3R (Type 3) enclosure rated for both indoor and outdoor use. SubDrive Utility retrofits to most 2-wire submersible pumping systems that utilize a Franklin Electric motor, making the transition seamless for current systems.
- One unit is compatible with 115 and 230 Volt Franklin Electric 2-wire motors
- Robust SubDrive pressure sensor standard for ease of installation
- Additional input for optional analog pressure transducer for precise pressure control
- Three LED indicators allow for easy identification of system status and troubleshooting
- USB port allows for easy firmware updates
SubDrive Utility was designed for efficiency, both related to cost and performance. Separate of the pump and motor, the drive makes troubleshooting and maintenance of the pumping system significantly easier. In cases where the pump and/or motor requires replacement, it is fully functional with the new products, saving the hassle of added inventory and higher costs that come with other all-in-one submersible units. Standard mesh screens minimize intrusion of insects and other performance inhibiters while still allowing for optimal cooling of the drive. SubDrive Utility ships standard with a traditional SubDrive pressure sensor, but is also fully compatible with an analog pressure transducer to provide added flexibility for the contractor.
For more information on SubDrive Utility, click here.
You now have a new potential revenue source with Franklin Electric’s Little Giant® Aeration System. As a water systems professional and expert, you’re already the trusted source for your customers’ water needs. Why not provide them with one more solution? The Little Giant Aeration System allows you to offer an easy-to-use, reliable, and all-in-one solution to keep bodies of water clean and healthy for a variety of applications that you drive by every day.
- Residential homeowners
- Neighborhood associations
- Utility companies
- Golf course superintendents
- Irrigation and landscape managers
- Commercial and governmental specifiers
- And much more!
Features & Benefits
- Simple sizing: 1/2 hp per 1/2 surface acre
- Capable of moving up to 500 gpm
- All-in-one packaged system (float, aerator, Franklin Electric motor)
- Plug-and-play, no control box required
- Optional fountain conversion kit with multiple fountain nozzles
The Turtle Survival Alliance had a challenge, and Franklin Electric’s Little Giant® brand is providing the solution. The nonprofit organization recently needed to improve the habitat for some of the most endangered turtles in the world because the water quality in their ponds was not optimal for the turtles. The previous pumps could not hold up, and weren’t providing the environmentally safe, yet simple-to-maintain production needed. We donated 12 Little Giant F-Series Pumps and 1 Little Giant 6EC Series Sump Pump and they’re already making a difference.
The Benefits Are Obvious
- Creating more stress-free environments that simulate the turtles’ natural habitats, including those as needed for 21 of the world’s 25 most critically endangered species
- Supporting ponds from 7,000 to 30,000 gallons
- Providing energy-efficient pumping that can run continuously and is environmentally safe
- Offering flexibility to meet a variety of pumping applications on-site
We also recently created a video telling this amazing story, featuring Nathan Haislip, Facilities Manager and Lead Keeper of the Turtle Survival Center. Click here to view the video.
Roughly, 85% of the water pumping systems that we sell and our contractors install are run on a basic switch and bladder tank that come on and off with a pressure differential. Many of these pumping systems, unfortunately, underperform every day. This doesn’t have to be the case. With Franklin Electric’s new* Inline Controls product family, maximizing the output and flow of the pumping system can be a simple reality. Our own Jeff Frank recently talked with National Driller magazine about how contractors can meet peak pumping demand and provide the proper system protection by choosing the right control device.
*Note: Inline Controls scheduled launch date is August/September 2017.
Franklin Electric is pleased to announce the introduction of the FBC Series Single-Stage Horizontal Centrifugal Pumps to the F Series portfolio of products. The FBC Series features close-coupled, electric-driven pumps that utilize NEMA standard 56J-60 Hz threaded shaft motors with 316 stainless steel shaft extensions to form a rugged, compact unit.
Additional Features Include:
- High efficiency performance design for reduced lifetime cost of operation
- Volute can be rotated in 90-degree increments to simplify discharge plumbing
- Suitable for either horizontal or vertical mounting for versatility of installation
- Robust cast iron volute and motor bracket with integral mounting feet for ease of installation
- Back pull-out design enables serviceability without the need to disconnect plumbing
- 316 stainless steel impeller is suitable for handling a wide variety of fluids without corrosion or electrolysis and is resistant to the effects of cavitation
- Mechanical seal, constructed of SiC/SiC/FKM/316 stainless steel (FKM silicon carbide), can withstand mild abrasives and is appropriate for handling a variety of fluids, including those containing hydrocarbons
- Pumps are 100 percent wet tested at the factory to ensure quality and reliability
The FBC Series is offered in both 2-pole (3600 rpm) and 4-pole (1800 rpm) versions. At 3600 rpm, the FBC Series can be used in any application requiring flows of 50-200 gpm and pressures ranging from 15-30 psi, such as turf irrigation or commercial pressure boosting. At 1800 rpm, the pumps produce 40-110 gpm at heads of only 7-22 feet, making them ideal for water feature, water transfer, or fuel oil transfer applications. Models operating at 3600 rpm are available with motors having both open drip proof (ODP) and totally enclosed fan cooled (TEFC) enclosures, while 1800 rpm models will have TEFC motor enclosures only.
For more information on the FBC Series, click here.
Friends, family and rekindled relationships – that’s what the South Atlantic Jubilee is all about. 2017 was no different. Franklin Electric led the way with exclusive Key Dealer Meetings, a number of new innovations, and the speaking platform for a variety of technical presentations. If you missed it, here’s a look at the show from our point of view.
We are pleased to announce the recent launch of FE SelectTM, a digital pump selector software tool that makes product selection, configuration, and quoting easy for contractors and wholesale distributors. This online tool walks the user through the process from start to finish, requiring only the basic application data, such as flow and total dynamic head demands, to size many water systems. The software properly matches the components necessary for the desired application, provides a list price quote for the package, and then offers links to related informational product documentation.
- Wholesale Distributors – Can quickly formulate a system package for their customers without the need for catalogs or verification from a Franklin Electric representative confirming the quoted products are properly sized and compatible with the recommended primary components
- Contractors – Can generate a quote for the homeowner at list price, reducing waiting time and customer frustration
- Note: All Franklin Electric products will continue to be sold through licensed distributors, but now with FE Select, finding the appropriate products can be much easier
Additional Features of FE Select Include:
- 24/7 accessibility
- A quick price option that allows for mass quoting capabilities based off of a specific component
- Simple software navigation
A large selection of Franklin Electric products are already included in the software to quickly quote job requests serving the agricultural, irrigation, engineered products, and industrial markets. More products will continue to be added over time. The FE Select link will appear on all applicable individual pump product pages on the Franklin Electric website. Users can simply click the link and start quoting.
In addition to FE Select, we will continue to utilize our current pump selector software for products that are waiting to be included in FE Select. To visit our comprehensive Pump Selection page, click here.