News: Frankly Speaking
Franklin Electric is pleased to announce the introduction of the FBC Series Single-Stage Horizontal Centrifugal Pumps to the F Series portfolio of products. The FBC Series features close-coupled, electric-driven pumps that utilize NEMA standard 56J-60 Hz threaded shaft motors with 316 stainless steel shaft extensions to form a rugged, compact unit.
Additional Features Include:
- High efficiency performance design for reduced lifetime cost of operation
- Volute can be rotated in 90-degree increments to simplify discharge plumbing
- Suitable for either horizontal or vertical mounting for versatility of installation
- Robust cast iron volute and motor bracket with integral mounting feet for ease of installation
- Back pull-out design enables serviceability without the need to disconnect plumbing
- 316 stainless steel impeller is suitable for handling a wide variety of fluids without corrosion or electrolysis and is resistant to the effects of cavitation
- Mechanical seal, constructed of SiC/SiC/FKM/316 stainless steel (FKM silicon carbide), can withstand mild abrasives and is appropriate for handling a variety of fluids, including those containing hydrocarbons
- Pumps are 100 percent wet tested at the factory to ensure quality and reliability
The FBC Series is offered in both 2-pole (3600 rpm) and 4-pole (1800 rpm) versions. At 3600 rpm, the FBC Series can be used in any application requiring flows of 50-200 gpm and pressures ranging from 15-30 psi, such as turf irrigation or commercial pressure boosting. At 1800 rpm, the pumps produce 40-110 gpm at heads of only 7-22 feet, making them ideal for water feature, water transfer, or fuel oil transfer applications. Models operating at 3600 rpm are available with motors having both open drip proof (ODP) and totally enclosed fan cooled (TEFC) enclosures, while 1800 rpm models will have TEFC motor enclosures only.
For more information on the FBC Series, click here.
Friends, family and rekindled relationships – that’s what the South Atlantic Jubilee is all about. 2017 was no different. Franklin Electric led the way with exclusive Key Dealer Meetings, a number of new innovations, and the speaking platform for a variety of technical presentations. If you missed it, here’s a look at the show from our point of view.
We are pleased to announce the recent launch of FE SelectTM, a digital pump selector software tool that makes product selection, configuration, and quoting easy for contractors and wholesale distributors. This online tool walks the user through the process from start to finish, requiring only the basic application data, such as flow and total dynamic head demands, to size many water systems. The software properly matches the components necessary for the desired application, provides a list price quote for the package, and then offers links to related informational product documentation.
- Wholesale Distributors – Can quickly formulate a system package for their customers without the need for catalogs or verification from a Franklin Electric representative confirming the quoted products are properly sized and compatible with the recommended primary components
- Contractors – Can generate a quote for the homeowner at list price, reducing waiting time and customer frustration
- Note: All Franklin Electric products will continue to be sold through licensed distributors, but now with FE Select, finding the appropriate products can be much easier
Additional Features of FE Select Include:
- 24/7 accessibility
- A quick price option that allows for mass quoting capabilities based off of a specific component
- Simple software navigation
A large selection of Franklin Electric products are already included in the software to quickly quote job requests serving the agricultural, irrigation, engineered products, and industrial markets. More products will continue to be added over time. The FE Select link will appear on all applicable individual pump product pages on the Franklin Electric website. Users can simply click the link and start quoting.
In addition to FE Select, we will continue to utilize our current pump selector software for products that are waiting to be included in FE Select. To visit our comprehensive Pump Selection page, click here.
What an amazing cause! Franklin Electric recently partnered with the Turtle Survival Alliance (TSA) – a nonprofit organization focused on achieving zero turtle extinctions – to improve the habitat for some of the most endangered turtles in the world.
Why is this Important?
Turtles have been roaming the water and earth for nearly 220 million years, making them one of the oldest species and one of the few to outmatch the dinosaurs in existence duration. They are essential to our ecosystem, helping clean up the environment by serving as aquatic scavengers. And yet, more than 50 percent of the 330 species alive today are threatened with endangerment. The TSA’s South Carolina location, known as the Turtle Survival Center, houses nearly 650 freshwater turtles and tortoises, including 21 of the world’s 25 most critically endangered species. Franklin Electric recently donated 13 Little Giant® brand pumps to help create more stress-free environments that simulate the original habitat for these endangered species. Check out the video to see the impact our pumps are making on a global scale.
Franklin Electric will focus on helping contractors promote, hone and expand their business through a variety of attractions in booth 301 during and technical presentations ahead of the 2017 South Atlantic Jubilee in the Myrtle Beach Convention Center June 10-12.
Request Your In-booth Key Dealer Meeting
One of the main booth attractions will be one-on-one Key Dealer meetings to show how contractors can better promote their business through Franklin Electric’s enhanced Key Dealer Program, which includes a suite of services designed to help contractors gain market differentiation. These services range from product protection, professional development, and marketability, to unlocking exclusive access for savings and aid. Exclusive in-booth meetings to discuss these new services are being scheduled with Key Dealers leading up to the show. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 260-827-5107 to schedule your appointment today.
While in the booth, attendees will see several innovations firsthand, including:
- The new 9-inch STS Series Submersible Turbine Pump – It further expands the breadth of the proven STS Series product family, which also includes 5-inch, 6-inch, and 8-inch models. The 9-inch STS Series Submersible Turbine Pump features a premium glass-lined bowl for maximum efficiency and abrasion resistance, along with the application flexibility provided by the dual discharge option for either 6-inch or 8-inch drop pipe.
- The new Ultra Efficient Submersible 6-Inch Electric Motor family – It provides significant electrical cost savings via an efficiency improvement of 10-12 percent when compared to standard induction motors. Providing a constant horsepower production at high efficiencies, this family covers the 9 traditional pump horsepower ratings from 5 to 50 horsepower in just 3 distinct motor models. Each motor works at full pumping and electrical efficiency with multiple pumps, maximizing the product’s onsite flexibility and use among contractors. It’s an ideal fit for areas facing DOE efficiency regulations or those expecting tightened standards in the future, as well as long or consistent run time applications, large-scale cattle or swine operations, municipal well or high-volume transfer applications, and mining or dewatering applications.
- The Little Giant® Aeration System from Franklin Electric – It allows contractors to provide a solution for water beautification and biological pond health challenges. This multi-functional, ½ horsepower Aeration System is capable of moving up to 500 gpm – great for bodies of water up to half an acre in size, making unit sizing simple. It comes standard as an all-in-one package with float, aerator, and a proven Franklin Electric motor. In addition, the Aeration System can be used for decorating bodies of water, water agitation, ice prevention, and mixing. It can also be quickly transformed into an attractive fountain display via an optional conversion kit that includes the pump head, nozzle stem, and multiple fountain nozzles.
- The new SSR Series Submersible Pumps – They combine the robust and efficient features of the SR Series proven in the market today with an innovative mechanical design that allows for fast delivery time from distributors to contractors. This 304 stainless steel strap design is fully serviceable and corrosion resistant, and its high quality die-cut stainless steel impellers and diffusers provide maximum performance in the most extreme applications. It is offered in flows of 100, 150, 250, and 325 gpm at a maximum of 1,400 feet of head.
Technical Presentation Schedule
Franklin Electric product experts will offer a number of thought-provoking and sales-focused presentations for CEU credit, including:
- Saturday, June 10:
- 1:00 p.m. – Recognizing Your Earning Potential with Aeration Systems
- 2:15 p.m. – 10 Things You Wish the Public Knew
- Sunday, June 11:
- 1:00 p.m. – Selecting Pump Control Solutions: Residential and Light Commercial Applications
- 2:15 p.m. – Solar Water Pumping: Strategic Partnerships in Untapped Markets
For more information about the 2017 South Atlantic Jubilee, click here.
Franklin Electric has appointed Donald P. Kenney as President, North America Water Systems. In this role, Kenney will be responsible for all aspects of the North America Water Systems business that supports the sale of Franklin Electric products to customers in Canada, the United States, Mexico, and Central America.
Kenney was hired as FE Petro employee number five in 1991. Over the years, he has assumed increasing levels of responsibility, becoming President of FE Petro in 2001, and then President of Franklin Fueling Systems in 2005. In 2013, Kenney was appointed a Vice President of Franklin Electric Co., Inc. and promoted to President, Energy Systems.
Franklin Electric is pleased to announce the addition of the 9-inch STS Series Submersible Turbine Pump to further expand the breadth of the proven STS Series product family, which also includes 5-inch, 6-inch, and 8-inch models.
The 9-inch STS will be offered in 600, 1050, and 1200 gpm flow ratings with the following key features:
- Premium materials of construction for longer life and higher pressures
- Spiral cutlass rubber intermediate bearings designed for harsh environments
- 416 stainless steel pump shaft ground and polished for maximum durability
- Investment cast stainless steel impellers for superior performance
- Custom bearing and shaft configurations available
- Abrasive resistant hydraulic design to keep debris away from critical operating areas
- Dual discharge allows for flexibility between 6-inch and 8-inch drop pipe
- Premium glass-lined bowls for increased efficiency and abrasion resistance
The STS Series product family is ideal for irrigation, agricultural, industrial, commercial, or municipal water pumping applications. It offers flows from 60 to 1600 gpm and a total dynamic head up to 2300 feet. Each pump features premium materials of construction, including ductile iron motor brackets, ductile iron discharges, cast 304 stainless steel impellers, robust spiral cutlass rubber intermediate bowl bearings, and copper bismuth bronze discharge and motor bracket bearings.
For more information on the 9-Inch STS Series and/or to quote it with FE Select, click here.
Solar power continues to grow exponentially as an alternative energy source, and the truth is, most places around the world have more than enough sunlight to run a solar water pumping system. With the growing popularity, solar panels are more cost effective than ever and there is an immediate value of installing these highly efficient systems. This new video shows how Franklin Electric can be your solar water pumping partner for a variety of applications, including: livestock watering, tank/cistern filling, wildlife refuge and game farms, rural water supply for villages and homesteads, irrigation systems, fountains, vineyards, renewable energy projects, effluent pumping, rain harvesting, and more. We provide a complete package of:
When choosing Franklin Electric, you receive the industry’s leading Field Service Engineers to help make the installation process simple. Check out the new video to see how Franklin Electric and solar water pumping may be a new opportunity for you.
Franklin Electric is pleased to announce the addition of helical rotor pumps to the Fhoton™ SolarPAK product family. This additional style of pump, generates substantial water pressure using a minimum number of solar panels, providing the Fhoton SolarPAK family a solution for applications with flexible volume requirements. Applications include supplying water to holding tanks for use in livestock watering, rural water supply supplementation, small irrigation systems, and remote cabins.
- Four-inch NEMA standard construction dimensions
- Flex-shaft that allows for minimal radial wear
- Proprietary software provides increased dry-run and low-flow protection without requiring additional external devices
- Legendary four-inch Franklin Electric motor
- Built-in wafer style check valve
- Pump upthrust washer serves as additional shaft protection from excessive wear
- Serviceability by pump and motor detaching when needed
- Greater flexibility in performance with a wider range of input voltages (up to 300 VDC)
- Unique Fhoton drive algorithm provides increased starting torque levels to maximize the available sun power
- NSF-approved silicon grease provided for added motor spline protection
For more information about the Fhoton HR SolarPAK, click here.
Now Available: New SubMonitor Connect Provides Motor Protection & Enhanced Troubleshooting Proficiency
Franklin Control Systems is pleased to announce the official launch of SubMonitor Connect. This electronic motor protector offers a 32-character backlit NEMA 4X wash-down rated screen mounted on the front of the panel that allows for safe viewing conditions even when the motor is running.
The new SubMonitor Connect platform provides enhanced capabilities of real date and time-stamped system monitoring to improve troubleshooting while protecting three-phase motor and pump systems. It protects against damage due to a variety of adverse conditions, such as low flow wells, clogging, bound pumps, and poor or unreliable power. New application-based basic setup enables contractors to get up and running quickly while ensuring their motor is still protected. Utilizing the innovative FE Connect mobile technology app, contractors can easily monitor systems status live, complete basic or advanced setup, save commonly used setups for later use, and view/send fault history through the convenience of Bluetooth connectivity.
- Electronic overload motor protection for systems ranging from 1 to 700 hp, or those that require up to 1000 amps
- Real-time and date-stamped fault logging
- 10-year battery backup
- Fault history of 150 occurrences
- Application-based setup
- Automation ready – advanced pump control
- Provides protection against arc flash
- Offers 1 percent power metering that eliminates the need for an additional meter while providing communication with building management systems to track energy costs and motor status
- Heavy-duty industrial-grade construction
- FE Connect mobile app
For more information on the SubMonitor Connect and/or to quote it with FE Select, click here.