News: Frankly Speaking
Listen to Franklin Electric’s own product expert, Jeff Frank, discuss three new innovations and advancements that bring value to customers while at Groundwater Week 2017. They include:
- SubDrive Utility™ – The SubDrive Utility Variable Frequency Drive converts 2-wire conventional submersible pumping systems, ranging from 1/3 hp up to 1-1/2 hp, into constant water pressure systems. Designed with a compact footprint, it features a sleek NEMA 3R enclosure rated for both indoor and outdoor use, and retrofits to most pumping systems utilizing a Franklin Electric motor. Separate of the pump and motor, the drive makes troubleshooting and maintenance of the pumping system significantly easier compared to all-in-one units.
- Solar Advancements – Franklin Electric continues to develop our solar product line, including these three specific advancements: a new backup power source, new Helical Rotor pump style, and a WiFi module to better capture data.
- MagForce™ Permanent Magnet Motor – This 6-inch high-performance alternative to standard induction motors provides electrical cost savings via an efficiency improvement of 10-12 percent and a typical investment payback of less than one year in long- or continuous-run applications*.
*Results based on field trial data.
The groundwater industry’s signature event returned to Nashville, Tennessee, this year and it didn’t miss a beat. With incredible educational sessions, enthusiastic attendees, and impressive exhibits, this is the place to be if you’re in the business.
Weren’t able to attend the show this year? No problem. Click here to see the show from our point of view.
Franklin Electric will utilize Groundwater Week 2017 as an interactive platform for field data reveals, new product displays, and contractor education sessions in booth 725 at the Music City Center in Nashville, Tennessee, December 6-7. Here’s everything you need to know about the show!
Welcome Party/Cocktail Reception
Franklin Electric will once again be the featured sponsor of the Groundwater Week 2017 Welcome Party. Join us for light hors d’oeuvres, drinks, and networking.
- Tuesday, December 5 from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. in the Davidson Ballroom at the Music City Center
Field Data Reveals & New Products
- Unique to Groundwater Week 2017, Franklin Electric will serve as host to a veteran groundwater contractor in the booth to reveal their recent personal experience and success in a field trial of one of the company’s latest innovations – the MagForce™ Permanent Magnet Motor. Show attendees will hear firsthand the specific cost savings and application improvements it’s afforded the end user. The 6-inch motor is a high-performance alternative to standard induction motors, providing electrical cost savings via an efficiency improvement of 10-12* percent and a typical investment payback of less than one year in long- or continuous-run applications. It features SandFighter® construction and covers the nine traditional pump horsepower ratings from five to 60 horsepower in three distinct motor models.
- Another new product at the show will be the SubDrive Utility™ Variable Frequency Drive which converts 2-wire conventional submersible pumping systems, ranging from 1/3 hp up to 1-1/2 hp, into constant water pressure systems. Designed with a compact footprint, it features a sleek NEMA 3R enclosure rated for both indoor and outdoor use, and retrofits to most pumping systems utilizing a Franklin Electric motor. Separate of the pump and motor, the drive makes troubleshooting and maintenance of the pumping system significantly easier compared to all-in-one units.
Unique Educational Opportunities – Booth 725
As part of the in-booth experience, contractors can attend a number of 15-minute, first-time to the industry in-booth educational sessions**.
- Wednesday, December 6
- 12:30 p.m. – A 2-Wire Value Proposition: SubDrive Utility for Constant Pressure and Protection
- 1:30 p.m. – A Beneficial Partnership: Maximizing the Key Dealer Suite of Services
- 2:30 p.m. – An Attractive Sell: Permanent Magnet Motors
- Thursday, December 7
- 10:30 a.m. – Simplicity at Your Fingertips: Benefiting from App Connectivity
- 11:30 a.m. – Training Without the Travel: FranklinTECH Online
- 12:30 p.m. – Expanding Your Application Toolbelt: Solar Portfolio Innovations
- 1:30 p.m. – More Than Submersibles: Expanding Your Surface Pumping Options
Educational Sessions for CEP Credit
In addition to in-booth educational sessions, Franklin Electric product experts will also be highly involved in a number of Groundwater Week 2017 CEP sessions, including the following hour-long topics:
- Tuesday, December 5
- 8:00 a.m. – Permanent Magnet Motors: Utilizing Efficiency to Appeal to the Market
- 10:30 a.m. – Solar Water Pumping: Strategic Partnerships in Untapped Markets
- 1:45 p.m. – Uncovering the Mystery of VFD Filters – How, Why, and When?
- 3:00 p.m. – Leveraging Application-Based Sizing Software
- 4:15 p.m. – Boosting your Water Systems Earning Potential with Aeration Systems
- Thursday, December 7
- 10:00 a.m. – Selecting Pump Control Solutions: Residential and Light Commercial Applications
For more information about Groundwater Week 2017, click here.
* Field trial data.
**Does not apply toward CEP credits. Drawings featuring valuable prizes will be held for all attendees immediately following each session.
Franklin Electric is pleased to announce the addition of the AC/DC Power Converter to the Fhoton™ product family. This accessory accepts either AC (single-phase) or DC power sources and becomes the input supply to the Fhoton solar drive. By utilizing the AC/DC Power Converter, users of the Fhoton SolarPAK system acquire the ability to connect an AC power source as a backup power supply for continued operation during times when solar energy is either inadequate or unavailable. Providing this flexibility, the Fhoton AC/DC Power Converter can be used by anyone needing an alternative power source.
- Accepts either AC (single-phase) or DC power source*
- 115 V AC for use with 3-phase, 100 V Franklin Electric submersible motor
- 230 V AC for use with 3-phase, 200 V Franklin Electric submersible motor
- Converter box output power becomes the input source supplying the Fhoton solar drive
- Output short circuit protection
- NEMA 4 indoor/outdoor rated enclosure for durability
- UL and CE rated
*Source power from a single-phase
For more information on the new Fhoton SolarPAK or the AC/DC Power Converter, click here.
You now have a new potential revenue source with Franklin Electric’s Little Giant® Aeration System. As a water systems professional and expert, you’re already the trusted source for your customers’ water needs. Why not provide them with one more solution? The Little Giant Aeration System allows you to offer an easy-to-use, reliable, and all-in-one solution to keep bodies of water clean and healthy for a variety of applications that you drive by every day.
- Residential homeowners
- Neighborhood associations
- Utility companies
- Golf course superintendents
- Irrigation and landscape managers
- Commercial and governmental specifiers
- And much more!
Features & Benefits
- Simple sizing: 1/2 hp per 1/2 surface acre
- Capable of moving up to 500 gpm
- All-in-one packaged system (float, aerator, Franklin Electric motor)
- Plug-and-play, no control box required
- Optional fountain conversion kit with multiple fountain nozzles
The Turtle Survival Alliance had a challenge, and Franklin Electric’s Little Giant® brand is providing the solution. The nonprofit organization recently needed to improve the habitat for some of the most endangered turtles in the world because the water quality in their ponds was not optimal for the turtles. The previous pumps could not hold up, and weren’t providing the environmentally safe, yet simple-to-maintain production needed. We donated 12 Little Giant F-Series Pumps and 1 Little Giant 6EC Series Sump Pump and they’re already making a difference.
The Benefits Are Obvious
- Creating more stress-free environments that simulate the turtles’ natural habitats, including those as needed for 21 of the world’s 25 most critically endangered species
- Supporting ponds from 7,000 to 30,000 gallons
- Providing energy-efficient pumping that can run continuously and is environmentally safe
- Offering flexibility to meet a variety of pumping applications on-site
We also recently created a video telling this amazing story, featuring Nathan Haislip, Facilities Manager and Lead Keeper of the Turtle Survival Center. Click here to view the video.
Friends, family and rekindled relationships – that’s what the South Atlantic Jubilee is all about. 2017 was no different. Franklin Electric led the way with exclusive Key Dealer Meetings, a number of new innovations, and the speaking platform for a variety of technical presentations. If you missed it, here’s a look at the show from our point of view.
We are pleased to announce the recent launch of FE SelectTM, a digital pump selector software tool that makes product selection, configuration, and quoting easy for contractors and wholesale distributors. This online tool walks the user through the process from start to finish, requiring only the basic application data, such as flow and total dynamic head demands, to size many water systems. The software properly matches the components necessary for the desired application, provides a list price quote for the package, and then offers links to related informational product documentation.
- Wholesale Distributors – Can quickly formulate a system package for their customers without the need for catalogs or verification from a Franklin Electric representative confirming the quoted products are properly sized and compatible with the recommended primary components
- Contractors – Can generate a quote for the homeowner at list price, reducing waiting time and customer frustration
- Note: All Franklin Electric products will continue to be sold through licensed distributors, but now with FE Select, finding the appropriate products can be much easier
Additional Features of FE Select Include:
- 24/7 accessibility
- A quick price option that allows for mass quoting capabilities based off of a specific component
- Simple software navigation
A large selection of Franklin Electric products are already included in the software to quickly quote job requests serving the agricultural, irrigation, engineered products, and industrial markets. More products will continue to be added over time. The FE Select link will appear on all applicable individual pump product pages on the Franklin Electric website. Users can simply click the link and start quoting.
In addition to FE Select, we will continue to utilize our current pump selector software for products that are waiting to be included in FE Select. To visit our comprehensive Pump Selection page, click here.
Franklin Electric will focus on helping contractors promote, hone and expand their business through a variety of attractions in booth 301 during and technical presentations ahead of the 2017 South Atlantic Jubilee in the Myrtle Beach Convention Center June 10-12.
Request Your In-booth Key Dealer Meeting
One of the main booth attractions will be one-on-one Key Dealer meetings to show how contractors can better promote their business through Franklin Electric’s enhanced Key Dealer Program, which includes a suite of services designed to help contractors gain market differentiation. These services range from product protection, professional development, and marketability, to unlocking exclusive access for savings and aid. Exclusive in-booth meetings to discuss these new services are being scheduled with Key Dealers leading up to the show. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 260-827-5107 to schedule your appointment today.
While in the booth, attendees will see several innovations firsthand, including:
- The new 9-inch STS Series Submersible Turbine Pump – It further expands the breadth of the proven STS Series product family, which also includes 5-inch, 6-inch, and 8-inch models. The 9-inch STS Series Submersible Turbine Pump features a premium glass-lined bowl for maximum efficiency and abrasion resistance, along with the application flexibility provided by the dual discharge option for either 6-inch or 8-inch drop pipe.
- The new Ultra Efficient Submersible 6-Inch Electric Motor family – It provides significant electrical cost savings via an efficiency improvement of 10-12 percent when compared to standard induction motors. Providing a constant horsepower production at high efficiencies, this family covers the 9 traditional pump horsepower ratings from 5 to 50 horsepower in just 3 distinct motor models. Each motor works at full pumping and electrical efficiency with multiple pumps, maximizing the product’s onsite flexibility and use among contractors. It’s an ideal fit for areas facing DOE efficiency regulations or those expecting tightened standards in the future, as well as long or consistent run time applications, large-scale cattle or swine operations, municipal well or high-volume transfer applications, and mining or dewatering applications.
- The Little Giant® Aeration System from Franklin Electric – It allows contractors to provide a solution for water beautification and biological pond health challenges. This multi-functional, ½ horsepower Aeration System is capable of moving up to 500 gpm – great for bodies of water up to half an acre in size, making unit sizing simple. It comes standard as an all-in-one package with float, aerator, and a proven Franklin Electric motor. In addition, the Aeration System can be used for decorating bodies of water, water agitation, ice prevention, and mixing. It can also be quickly transformed into an attractive fountain display via an optional conversion kit that includes the pump head, nozzle stem, and multiple fountain nozzles.
- The new SSR Series Submersible Pumps – They combine the robust and efficient features of the SR Series proven in the market today with an innovative mechanical design that allows for fast delivery time from distributors to contractors. This 304 stainless steel strap design is fully serviceable and corrosion resistant, and its high quality die-cut stainless steel impellers and diffusers provide maximum performance in the most extreme applications. It is offered in flows of 100, 150, 250, and 325 gpm at a maximum of 1,400 feet of head.
Technical Presentation Schedule
Franklin Electric product experts will offer a number of thought-provoking and sales-focused presentations for CEU credit, including:
- Saturday, June 10:
- 1:00 p.m. – Recognizing Your Earning Potential with Aeration Systems
- 2:15 p.m. – 10 Things You Wish the Public Knew
- Sunday, June 11:
- 1:00 p.m. – Selecting Pump Control Solutions: Residential and Light Commercial Applications
- 2:15 p.m. – Solar Water Pumping: Strategic Partnerships in Untapped Markets
For more information about the 2017 South Atlantic Jubilee, click here.
Franklin Electric has appointed Donald P. Kenney as President, North America Water Systems. In this role, Kenney will be responsible for all aspects of the North America Water Systems business that supports the sale of Franklin Electric products to customers in Canada, the United States, Mexico, and Central America.
Kenney was hired as FE Petro employee number five in 1991. Over the years, he has assumed increasing levels of responsibility, becoming President of FE Petro in 2001, and then President of Franklin Fueling Systems in 2005. In 2013, Kenney was appointed a Vice President of Franklin Electric Co., Inc. and promoted to President, Energy Systems.