Now Available: New MagForce Permanent Magnet Motor System
The new 6-inch MagForceTM Permanent Magnet Motor System is an ultra-efficient, high-performance alternative to standard induction motors. End users benefit from significant electrical cost savings via a motor efficiency improvement of 10-12 percent, providing a typical investment payback of less than one year in long- or continuous-run applications*.
Why You Should Choose This System
- Features a rugged SandFighter® motor and optimized drive package to provide high efficiencies at constant horsepower
- Permanent magnet technology allows the product family to cover the nine traditional pump horsepower ratings from 7.5 to 60 horsepower in three distinct motor models
- Operates at full pumping and electrical efficiency with a range of pumps, maximizing contractor flexibility
- Ideal Applications:
- Long- or continuous-run applications, such as large-scale livestock operations; municipal well, high-volume transfer applications; and mining or dewatering applications
- Areas facing DOE efficiency regulations or those expecting tightened standards in the future
*Results based on field trial data.
Proven Technology, Proven Efficiency
Permanent magnet motor technology has helped power efficient motor-driven systems in many industries for years. It utilizes a unique design with a magnetic rotor, meaning that the magnetic field needed to turn the motor is already created. This is a significantly more efficient process compared to an induction motor that must create the magnetic field. The MagForce Permanent Magnet Motor requires less current, and operates at a lower temperature, thus increasing the potential life cycle of the motor itself.
In addition, the Franklin Electric AIM App now offers the MagForce Savings Calculator to estimate annual energy savings with four simple data points:
- Select the motor hp/kW
- Enter the number of hours the system is expected to run per day
- Enter the number of days per year the system will be running
- Enter the local energy cost per kW/hour
Then select the Calculate Savings button for an annual energy savings estimation. You can download the app from both the Apple® App Store and Google Play Store* or by searching for “Franklin Electric AIM” on your smartphone.
For more information on the MagForce Permanent Magnet Motor System, click here. To see our new video and hear contractors and end users talk about their experience with this new technology, click here.